We are part of the TEST Club: Tennis Club, Exchange, Sunset Creek Swim Team, a conglomerate of the nicest, fastest, funnest swimmers in town. Weekday practices will be at Exchange and Saturday practices will be joint practices at Tennis Club to foster team-building and work on relays.
2019 Swimmer/Parent Participation Guidelines
Swim Team Guidelines
- In order to swim on swim team, swimmers need to show enthusiasm and willingness to be in the water.
- Swimmers must be able to learn in a group environment and swim at least 15 yards unassisted to be placed on the team. We ask parents to consider WaterSpouts for those swimmers who can not swim 10 yards unassisted at the start of the season.
- For swimmers who aren’t quite ready to join the swim team, see the WaterSpouts guidelines below.
- The coaches will be doing swim assessments at Open House and the first week of practice to evaluate swimmers for the criteria above.
- We strongly encourage each swimmer to participate in at least 2 swim meets. Swim meets can be noisy and intimidating for some children. It is understandable that some swimmers do not wish to compete. However, we are a team, and we rely on our swimmers to cheer and support their teammates.
- We rely on parents to volunteer! If your family has a swimmer or swimmers participating in a meet, you are expected to volunteer at that meet. A swim meet requires a lot of coordination and parent participation to run smoothly so that all of our children enjoy the experience. We will not begin a swim meet without a full complement of volunteers. Our swimmers deserve a rewarding and safe experience!
- New this year: all swimmers must be declared for each meet via the Team Unify system. If you forget to declare your swimmer, that's okay! They can still swim in the meet (but they will not be eligible for a relay, since the coaches organize those ahead of time).
- This is kind of like “little league” for the swim team. A coach will work with these kids Monday through Friday (May 28th - July 12th) on skills needed to join the full group.
- Requirements: kids must be able to swim 5 feet and be able to put their face in the water and blow bubbles.
Contact the Parent Rep Committee: email@example.com